Ys: The Oath in Felghana (イース -フェルガナの誓い- Īsu: Ferugana no Chikai ) is a modern remake of Ys III: Wanderers from Ys. While the original game is a 2D platformer, the new game is a 3D game with platformer features.
As in Ys III, Adol Christin and his friend Dogi are traveling to Dogi's hometown of Redmont, in Felghana, three years after the events of the first two games. Upon arriving, they discover that evil happenings are threatening the townspeople, and it is up to Adol to put a stop to it.
The basic plot has been slightly modified from the original, and expanded through the use of additional scenes.
The game-play follows the new model from the previous game, The Ark of Napishtim, with several improvements. Many things from the previous game were streamlined to keep the focus on the action as opposed to equipment and item management. For example, healing item and stat bonuses are no longer carried as items or accessories; instead, these bonuses are dropped from defeated enemies and are used upon pickup along with an experience bonus for attack combos. These bonuses are maintained through constant combat.
- This is the second game to use engine of Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim.
- A review from PC gamer has become a meme in Ys community after the reviewer gave a low score and complained about not able to find the Ruby to upgrade Adol's fire magic.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ys: The Oath in Felghana
- ↑ https://acg.gamer.com.tw/acgDetail.php?s=9903
- ↑ https://www.pcgamer.com/ys-the-oath-in-felghana-review/