This is a timeline of the history of the world in Ys games.
Mythological Period Edit
Epoch of time Edit
- Maia's dream becomes a reality, thus created the world.
Ocean Era Edit
- Sea creatures flourish and build a civilization.
Frozen Era Edit
- Furred creatures flourish and build a civilization.
Insectoids Era Edit
- Insect creatures flourish and build a civilization.
Sky Era Edit
- A race descended from the sky with power of mimicry. They flourish and build a civilization.
Eternian Era Edit
- Saurian creatures flourish and build the Eternian civilization.
- Kingdom of Eternia is established on the Seiren Island.
- Io, the first Maiden of the Great Tree, built the Temple of the Great Tree and the Sanctuary Crypt.
- Ura mimics Sarai and become a friend of Dana and Olga.
- Dana was appointed to be the Maiden of the Great Tree.
- The Great Tree of Origins brings the Lacrimosa upon the Eternian people.
- Dana was selected by the Great Tree of Origins to be a Warden of Evolution. She refuses to accept the task from the Great tree, so she sealed herself away until the Adol's Time.
Eldeen Period Edit
Colorless Age Edit
Dark Age Edit
White Age (c. 1500 years prior) Edit
- White Emelas is created.
- Winged beings replace their bodies of flesh and blood to bodies made of white emelas.
- Reproduction through magic becomes standardised.
- Winged beings achieve immortality.
Age of Chaos (900-1000 years prior) Edit
- Sea level rises, many coastal areas in the Atlas Ocean submerged.
- Migration of humans and demi-humans.
- Winged beings remodel their weather control unit, the Ark of Napishtim.
- Sea level rises again, causes Atlas continent to sink.
- Winged beings return to heaven.
- Ark of Napishtim goes out of control.
- Most remaining winged beings, demi-humans and humans flee to various parts of Eresia.
Human Period Edit
Post-Eldeen Era (800 years prior) Edit
- Winged beings cross continents.
The Beginnings of Ys Edit
- Feena and Reah, two young winged beings, arrive in Ys with Black Pearl.
- They were worshipped as 'goddesses'.
- Goddesses and the Six Priests start ruling over Ys.
- Six Priests' attempt to create Emelas leads to creation of Cleria.
The Beginnings of Celceta Edit
- Winged beings cross into Celceta.
- These winged beings, their human followers and local population form the ancient Celceta dynasty.
- Civilisation of Celceta developed possessed great agricultural influence thanks to the Mask of the Sun.
Before Adol Christin's Era Edit
c. 900-800 BC
c. 800 BC
- Ancient Kingdom of Ys is established.
- Eldeel and King Lefance's final confrontation on Colonia Battlefield.[Note 1]
- Kingdom of Celceta collapses.[Note 2]
c. 700 BC
- Demons threaten the Ancient Kingdom of Ys.[Note 3]
- Events from Ys Origin
c. 500 BC
- Civil war in Celceta due to disputes over accumulated wealth.
- Lefance returns peace and is hailed as hero.
- Mask of the Sun goes out of control.
- The Hundred Years' War between Gllia Kingdom and Britai Kingdom start.
c. 582 BC
- Roswitha is born as a normal farm girl.
c. 598-400 BC
- Roswitha was chosen by the Norse god Grimnir as his agent, and joins the army of Gllia.
- Doll became sentient.
- The Hundred Years' War between Gllia Kingdom and Britai Kingdom ended.
- Norse gods Grimnir and Luki both died in the Hundred Years' War. So is all the other Norse gods and demigods.
- Edonians move from Ruins Island and established Kingdom of Altago in Iskans' habitat.[Note 7]
- Iskan fever starts spreading.[Note 7]
c. 79 BC
- Romun Princess Griselda is born.
Adol Christin's Era Edit
Before Adol's AdventureEdit
- Laxia von Roswell is born.
- Leeza is born in Highland.
- Elena Stoddart is born in Felghana.
- Hawk is born in Balduq.
- Aisha is born in the Kingdom of Altago.
- Village on Genos Island is ravaged and destroyed. [Note 11]
- Mayor Edgar of Redmont adopts the orphaned Chester and Elena Stoddart.[Note 11]
- Ricotta Beldine is born, possibly on the Seiren Island.
- Jule Noa is born in Balduq.
- Zola disappeared to started his "final research".
- Celceta comes under Romn control.[Note 14]
- Start of the Romun-Altaginian war.[Note 15]
- General Dreisen assumes office as head of Dragon Knights.[Note 15]
- Father of Olha and Isha and many other Rehdans loses their life defending Rehdan Village against Wandering Calamities.[Note 16]
- Leav starts living in Rehdan Village.[Note 16]
- Altago merchant Baslam is stranded on the Canaan Islands.[Note 16]
c. 13-16 AC
- Gruda, Ernst and some other members of the Clan of Darkness left the village of Danan in search of power.
- Geis also left the village chasing after his brother
- Laxia passes by Griselda in Romn.
- Erdlingen War concluded.
- Gllia becomes a province of the Romun Empire.[Note 17]
- Princess Eleanor was taken in by her master and trained as an assassin, and renamed her Iris.
- Cardinal Lindheim is appointed as the Governor-General of Gllia
- Margot starts the resistance force Bell of Liberation against the Romun government.
- Margot saved Damian's wife.
- Romn exploratory ship sinks near Isle of Seiren.[Note 18]
- Chester and Elena Stoddart move out of Mayor Edgar's house.[Note 19]
- Bishop Nikolas becomes head pastor at Valestein Castle.[Note 19]
- Natalie moves to Casnan City.[Note 20]
- Adol Christin left his hometown and starts off his adventure around the world.
- Griselda is appointed the governor-general of Celceta.
- Events from travelogue Great Forest of Celceta.
- Monsters started appearing in Felghana.[Note 21]
- Laxia's father abandoned his house and lands for his obsess with his research, causing riots in his land.
- Adol starts to refer himself as an Adventurer.
- Events from travelogue Felgana Archives.
- Thanatos Beldine washes ashore on Isle of Seiren.[Note 23]
- Sister Nia starts travelling around the Gaete Sea as a missionary.[Note 23]
- Events from travelogue Kefin, the Lost City of Sand.
- Tia arrives in Altago City and takes in Maya.[Note 24]
- Raba washes ashore on Canaan Islands.[Note 25]
- Smirnov Noa is imprisoned in Balduq Prison for unknown reason.
c. 19-21 AC
- Romun military police Euron boarded the Lombardia in search of the Nameless Ripper.
- Events from travelogue Periplus of the Goethe Sea.
- Terra starts working as an apprentice at the Tres Mares.[Note 27]
- Ord's son, Ur falls ill with an endemic disease from an Eresian traveller.[Note 27]
- Shannoa is attacked by a titano.[Note 28]
- Geis visits Iskan Village.[Note 28]
- Bell of Liberation conspires a revolution against the Romun empire but failed.
c. 22-23 AC
- Geis arrives at Canaan Islands.
- Events from travelogue Searching for the Winged Ones.
- Events from travelogue Seven Dragons of Altago.
- Lucian was put into the Balduq Prison, but was publicly he was said to be "resting".[Note 31]
- Events from the travelogue Balduq's Prison.
- Princess Eleanor/Iris is adopted by Cardinal Lindheim.
c. 50-59 AC
- Adol Christin completes his travelogue.
- Adol heads on to his last known adventure to the North Pole and never returns. It is presumed that he finally met his end.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Takes place "some eight hundred years or so" before Ys: Memories of Celceta.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Takes place 800 years before Ys: Memories of Celceta.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Takes place 800 years before Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished – The Final Chapter.
- ↑ Takes place 500 years before Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- ↑ Takes place 100 years after the war started Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- ↑ Takes place 300 years before Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Takes place 200 years before Ys Seven.
- ↑ Takes place nearly a century years before Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.
- ↑ Calculated from the age difference between him and Adol.
- ↑ Takes place 18 years before Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Takes place 12 years before Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
- ↑ Takes place 8 years before Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
- ↑ Takes place 10 years before Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.
- ↑ Takes place 5 years before Ys: Memories of Celceta.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Takes place 10 years before Ys Seven.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Takes place 10 years before Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim.
- ↑ Takes place 8 years before Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- ↑ Takes place 5 years before Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 Takes place 3 years before Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
- ↑ Takes place 2 years before Ys: Memories of Celceta.
- ↑ Takes place 1 year before Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
- ↑ In Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, the 19-year-old Laxia von Roswell says she ran away from home when she was 16 years old.
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Takes place 2 years before Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.
- ↑ Takes place 3 years before Ys Seven.
- ↑ Takes place 3 years before Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim.
- ↑ Takes place 5 years before Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Takes place 2 years before Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim.
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Takes place 2 years before Ys Seven.
- ↑ Takes place 3 years before Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- ↑ Ended 6 months before the start of Ys Seven.
- ↑ Several months before the start of Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 [Translation Tuesday] Ys Timeline – The Ancient Civilization and Related Events Part 1 – Timeline. Endless History, URL: https://www.esterior.net/2016/07/translation-tuesday-ys-timeline-the-ancient-civilization-and-related-events-part-1-timeline/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 BC here stands for 'Before Christin' and AC stands for 'After Christin'. It is not present in any of the games, but used on the Ys Wiki for the sole purpose of making the games' relative dates easier to understand.
- ↑ https://www.falcom.co.jp/ys12_psp/world.html
- ↑ In Ys: Memories of Celceta, Calilica says "Both of [Leeza]'s parents passed away theﾟyear I was born." Calilica is 14-years-old in Memories of Celceta.