Griselda (グリゼルダ) is a Governor-General of the Romun Empire who recently got stationed in Celceta. At the beginning of Ys: Memories of Celceta, she hires Adol to create a map of Celceta, the sidequest which spans throughout the whole game.
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DanaEdit
Griselda is one of the last castaways Adols party finds. She boarded the Lombardia to return from a routine inspection and washed up on the northern part of the island when the Lombardia sank. She shows lots of interest in the ruins of the Kingdom of Eternia.
Laxia asks her if they met before, since Griselda resembled a princess she met at the Imperial capital, which Griselda denies, along with any ties to nobility. Griselda also wanted them to treat her as just another castaway, despite her standings.
In the side quest "Old Monolith", Griselda asks Adol to find the other half of an Eternian monolith she found. The monolith contained information called the "Truth of Eternia", about the Great Tree of Origins and the "Three Principles", the Eternian theory of how the world was created. Griselda pointed out how this theory was very similar to Tritheism, an old religion centered around three gods.
In her Approval Event, Griselda gifts Adol her Jewel Brooch as thanks for his help. She continues to warn Adol that he attracted the attention of certain individuals inside the Romun military. She also asks for Adols opinion on the Romun Empire before expressing her own discontent with the Empire.
- According to rumours, she is an avid cat lover.
- She is one of the few authority figures from the Romun Empire who aren't hostile to Adol at any point throughout the series.
- She is the fourth crown princess of the Romun Empire. However, she states that she is hated by the nobles back in the empire, which explains why she is stationed as a governor-general in the faraway land.
- She is a character unique to Ys: Memories of Celceta as she did not appear in previous versions of Ys IV.
- She returns in Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana as a passenger of The Lombardia and later a castaway on Seiren Island. She is one of the last members to join the village.